1Click! Top Questions about Istanbul or Turkey
1. Very important travel planner website, full of 5,000 pages of useful information: “http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/“.
2. An important informational website on different aspects of life in Istanbul: “http://istanbul.mydestinationinfo.com/“.
3. A good comprehensive guide to Istanbul: “http://www.nileguide.com/destination/istanbul“.
4. For schedules of ferries, fast ferries and car ferries, consult the excellent IDO website: “http://www.ido.com.tr/en/index.cfm“.
5. For Istanbul tram, suburban train, metro and other rail systems, here is a good web map: “istanbul-ulasim.com.tr/harita/RayliSistemler…“.
6. Good information on Turkish language and customs: “learningpracticalturkish.com/beginner-turkis…“.
7. A good guide on transportation domestically in Turkey: “http://www.neredennereye.com/en/“.
8. A nice blog on meyhane culture, places to visit and shopping in Istanbul: “http://kozano.wordpress.com/“.
9. A comprehensive website on Turkey including maps, hot springs, historical places, Turkish kitchen, etc. “www.adiyamanli.org/all_about_turkey.htm“.
10. A nice website on budget and moderately priced restaurants in Istanbul: “http://istanbuleats.com/”
11. An extensive website with reviews about Istanbul restaurants, especially those in Sultanahmet: “tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293974-Istanbul…“.
12. A nice website full of videos on travel in Turkey: “tripfilms.com/Tourism-l792-Turkey-Travel_Vid…“.
13. The official website for Istanbul European capital of Culture 2010 activities: “http://www.en.istanbul2010.org/index.htm”
14. An award winning website which is full of information and in many
different languages, including Arabic. I use it especially for museums
in Istanbul: “http://www.allaboutturkey.com/ist_muze.htm“.
15. Upcoming events in Istanbul of interest to visitors: “tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3585…“.
16. A nice website, full of information about different locations and aspects of life in Istanbul: “http://english.istanbul.com/“.
17. Essential reading on Beyoglu:
Helpful websites for buying bus tickets online
Here is a useful website for camping listed in Turkey
For train travel I would like to add
Great blog on village life in Turkey with some great photos and the writer answers questions really helpfully http://www.kirazlivillage.com/wordpress/
It’s for a homestay.
And here is a useful website for buses listed in Turkey
And ladiessss….! about shopping in Istanbul according to stores in different neighborhoods. Check this out www.theguideistanbul.com/listings.php
Check the website as it has the opening and closing times along with the prices:
also try the Turkish government websites;
Website dan Blog Malaysia
Dont forget to leave your comment if you find this useful.
Guler guler 🙂
P.S Now MAS tengah sale… gilalah banyak I rugi beli tiket awal!