Are you planning to visit Dubai? I myself never been to Dubai ~ and of course ~ as an adventurer I do want to steps my foot unto the famous Arabian soil of UAE.
So, for the past few weeks, I’ve been busy searching the internet to get some personal experiance by other travellers. Mind you ~ I’m a lady traveller, and alone so I need as much information especially on safety matters.
But… for this entry, I’ll focusing on the VISA Requirement to enter UAE (Dubai).
The kind of visa needed to enter the UAE depends on several different factors such as your nationality, the purpose of your planned visit and its planned duration. The UAE authorities have taken many steps to make this process as straightforward and easy as possible. Citizens of 39 countries — GCC nationals plus nationals of listed countries — do not require visas prior to arrival.
Citizens of the following countries do not require pre-entry visas to enter the UAE.
If you DO NOT fall into one of the above categories, you will require a visa and a sponsor for your visit. The sponsor normally applies for the visa on your behalf.
- Hotels and tourist companies can apply on your behalf for a Tourist Visa (valid for 30 days), a Service Visa (valid for 14 days) or a Visit Visa (valid for 30 days and can be extended for other 30 days)
- Airlines and airlines handlers can apply on behalf of their crew members for a 96-hour Transit Visa
- Other organizations based in the UAE may only apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas
- Individuals (relatives or friends) already resident in the UAE may, subject to guidelines, also apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa
If you are coming to work in the UAE, you will require a visa that can only be obtained on your behalf by your employer or sponsor.
Regulations for a Work Visa application:
- Passport must have minimum 6 months validity remaining at the time of application for an Entry Permit
- All photographs are to be recent, colour photographs (Polaroid photographs are not accepted)
- Those who are already in the UAE cannot get another entry permit until they depart from the UAE
Other Visa Types:
Entry Service Permit — Valid 14 days from the day it is issued and good for a 14-day stay.
Tourist Visa — Valid for a 30-day stay, but you can extend it to 40 days. You’ll need sponsorship from a hotel or tour operator, and prearrangement is required. You must also have an honoured passport.
Visit Visa — Valid 60 days from the day it is issued and good for a 90-day duration of stay. You’ll need sponsorship from a UAE resident, company or hotel. You can’t extend this visa, and it’s only valid one time.
Transit Visa — Valid 14 days from the day it is issued and good for 96 hours. You’ll need a confirmed hotel reservation.
Documents Required for a Visa
- Passport copies
- Copy of confirmed flight booking
- Bank approval letter
- Passport-sized photographs
- Visa fee
Apply for a Visa
For more information and to apply for a visa, please visit the General Directory of Residency and Foreigners Affairs or head to the nearest UAE embassy in your area.